International Contest of World Wine
The samples will be presented in an totally anonymous fashion to the judging panels.
Each wine tasted is scored individually and not comparatively.
The wines with geographical indication coming from all viticultural regions and countries of the world and all the vintages.
In the case of French wines, they must have made a declaration of claim provided for in Articles D. 644-5 and D. 646-6 of the Rural Code.
Wines without a geographical indication are not allowed to compete.
The competition is intended to highlight the intrinsic qualities of
wines from specific geographical areas and to distinguish those
wines of outstanding quality and that are exceptionally expressive
of their appellation or origin.
This international competition highlights the role of women and
their professions in the world of wine and winemaking at an
EACH WINE IS TASTED INDIVIDUALLY AND NOT COMPARED.
Silence, Concentration, Attention, Rigor.
The wines are classified according to the category (color, type, grape variety) and tasted in series and / or mini series in the series.
This unique process was created in 2006 by the oenologist, Jérôme DUFOUR. The rating scale adopted is based on the points system according to the tasting sheet and its descriptors of the International Organization of Vine and Wine (OIV) also recognized by the International Union of Oenologists (UIOE)
No wine has yet received 100/100.
This year the wine that got
the best rating is a red Romanian wine
of 2013 who received 97/100
A Professional Exceptional Tasting
Selection of international female expert
Nothing is left to chance, from the reception of the sample until its tasting and evaluation.
A nominative and qualified international jury composed of 5 tasters representing the 5 colleges tasted and judge in the morning only 30 samples at the most.
A strict process allows us to have:
- Tasting instructions before the competition
- Professional tasting environment
- Juries composed of 5 international tasters
- Information session President and jurors
- Scenario sensory analysis
- Total anonymity: black bouffant bag and ring cetie
- Wine temperature control service
- Tasting glass for the sensory analysis of international standard wines Vinalies Internationales and / or Riedel
- Timing for each wine tasted
- Sommelier service in the tasting room for each table
- Individual spittoons with closure
- Break 15 minutes between 2 sets
- Tasting sheet (OIV / UIOE)
- Immediate results
Entry requirements for the wines
Wines must be bottled and ready for sale.
Wines packaged in wineskin of wine are also allowed to participate.
Their labels should conform to:
• The European Union regulation applied to EU member states.
• To the regulation in force in the country where the wine is produced and to the provisions regarding the importation of wine applicable to non-EU member states.
- Diamond Nova rating overall> 85 points to 100 points
- Silver Nova score between 80 and 84.9 points out of 100 points overall
Below is the schedule of particulars according to the ratings obtained for the award-winning wines. * GRAND PRIX " Claude-Marie MOURIESSE, Winegrower Emeritus" , wine having obtained the high note of the whole contest.
* Trophée Diamant Inoubliable, award-winning wine with 96 points at 100 points
* Trophée Diamant Mémorable, award-winning wine with 91 points to 95 points
* Trophée Diamant Admirable, award-winning wine with 85 to 90 points
* Trophée Argent Remarquable , award winning wine with 80 to 84 points